Monday, March 28, 2011

Blog Power!

Based on my findings thus far, writing a blog is a great way to express ones thoughts and interests. Blogs can also be a powerful tool that green, sustainable and renewable energy companies can utilize to help achieve their marketing goals. After all! What good is having a great product or service if no one knows you exist? Blogs are a fun and relatively inexpensive solution.

Three things I would recommend to a company attempting to incorporate their own blog are;

1) Do your research and create a plan and blogging strategy based on your companies needs.  

2) Write posts that are entertaining, informative and truthful. 

3) Utilize other sources of social media by linking your blogs content to gain exposure and find readers interested in your blogs subject.  

But, before using your new super power, remember…

With great power comes great responsibility, and what people write about on a blog has consequences. Some are positive and some are negative; so it’s good to know how to utilize your blogs power in a positive and effective manner.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Y-Green,
    Thanks for your nice post.
    Do you know what? I hate all Carbon energy (Coal+oil+gas+others) . Recent Japan's nuclear crisis is the ans that we need Green Energy mostly. and increasing the price of oil price is also encourage to Green Energy or Renewable energy . I love top-roof solar panel (but it should be more powerful.

    I hope our world will be a more comfortable for living again.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Y-Green,

    I can't agree more on "With great power comes great responsibility" (I think that's a line from spiderman). As it gets easier to get onto the internet and make our opinions heard by millions, people tend to abuse our "freedom of speech" that they think it's ok to say whatever they want to say. I've seen quite a lot of hate mesages left on walls and forums.

    I think people really need to rethink how to use this tool of expression. At the very least, treat it as if you are talking to people in the real world. That is to be considerate and speak with respect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,

    Thanks for the compliment.

    I appreciate the fact that carbon based energy helped humanity evolve to a level, but I also agree with you. We must look at all the renewable energy technology we have and implement them now, not 20 or 30 years from now. Coal, Oil, Gas as well as Nuclear energy companies need to embrace renewable energy. People run these corporations, its time they act more responsibly and think about what kind of future their children and grand children will have. What they decide now will affect our future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claudia,

    Thanks! You bet, I'm a fan of Spiderman and Stan Lee. Its great to hear that I'm not the only one that believes we must rethink how we utilize Blogs as a tool of expression.

    With thousands of people reading my blog so far; I've come to realize what I research and write about is influential.

    It's small scale but It's inspiring.

    ReplyDelete